Friday, January 2, 2009

Thoughts on New Year Resolutions


This one step - choosing a goal and sticking to it - changes everything. Scott Reed

I love New Year Resolutions.
I know most people dread them.


  • Is it because they are viewed as a parameter for failure?

  • Is it because we look back at the past year with regrets and pick the biggest regrets and make those our new year resolutions?

  • Is it because change is hard?
Maybe I am excited this year because:


  • I have improved over the past year in some personal goals. Because I am hard on myself, I have chosen to rejoice in what I have done good and right and better.

  • Because I am ready for a clean slate.

  • I am ready for some new, big, exciting dreams.

  • I won't view not meeting my resolutions as parameters to mark failure but courage to try.

  • Because being in the fitness industry, New Year Resolutions ramp up our profitability!
What is not started today will never be finished tomorrow. Johann Wolfgang

I encourage you to set goals for yourself. Evaluate what is important to you and find something to improve on it and write down how you are going to reach that goal. Don't get down on yourself if you don't do it, or as a failure, but as a continuing opportunity to improve.

No comments: