Thursday, January 15, 2009

My ideal school day

If I could plan an idea day, here is what my ideal day would be. We are starting school back full force on Monday.

Wake up at 6 (I am being realistic. I tried to get up at 5:30 and just couldn't do it) and be at the gym by 6:15. Work out and home by 7:30. Take kids on morning jog, weather permitting, or do yoga at home with them. Eat and get ready for school. In any extra time, do chores. Start school at 9am.

9 am - devotional, memory work, spelling
9:45-Noon- Together work in AWOA: Literature, History, Science, Writing
Lunch Break
12:30 - Daily Grams/Easy Grammer
1-2 Math
2-3 Finish with history and science

So where does Cameron fit in? I will get her started on her schoolwork before 9:45, and she will work/play quietly and listen to us. I will also have her do art while we are doing any read alouds. At some time I pick one activity to do with her, like playing with magnets, cutting with scissors, or measuring with water. I also fit in her reading lesson from 100 easy lessons. I also try to read to her once a day.

Sometimes I read aloud while the kids eat lunch.

At 2pm, I do my work for our business. I am going to try to refrain from doing any work during the kid's independant school work.

Then it's off to cook dinner.

The kids will begin helping with dinner and clean up in addition to their chores.

At 8 pm all the kids will have 10 minutes to get ready for bed. I will read Cameron a story if she gets ready for bed quickly and the boys will do independant reading for 20 minutes.

Raeley will go to bed at 9:30 and read for 30 minutes.

Since I'm not leaving myself much time to work or cook dinner, I will rely more on freezer meals and cooking on weekends. Of course, I haven't prepared ahead for this, so it will take a few weeks to get settled in.

We will see how this works!

1 comment:

All Sufficient Grace said...

Dang, now that is a schedule....You go Girl.