Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Year Resolution #2

My second New Year Resolution is to spend more time praying, especially for others, and to read the bible more. What a Christian cliche I feel like this one is, but it is really going to be something I am going to focus on. Last year I really worked on adding a personal quiet time to my routine because I had just let the bible reading I do with the kids replace my personal one. This year, now that I am working out early in the mornings, it has been a challenge to find time for me to spend in the word by myself. I just don't feel like getting up at 5:30 for it to happen. I woke up at 5:30 this morning and it felt like the middle of the night!

One of my favorite verses is Psalm 119:105  Thy Word is a light to my feet and a lamp to my path.  It creates a picture in my mind that I can meditate on as I walk through my day.  My desire is to have my feet walk in God's lighted path throughout my day.  How do I know what is in the light if I don't know know His word?

No comments: