Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful


I am thankful for
The early winter rising sun,
A hot cup of coffee,
Snuggly hugs with early morning warmth,
And that's just my morning!

I am thankful for my family;
My attentive parents who made growning up so great,
My fun sisters who are just what sisters should be,
My sweet and thoughtful inlaw family and their families, too!
Blessed and cherished.

I am thankful for my husband who adds so much to my life.
He reminds me not to take myself so seriously and to laugh.
We are so great together, sweeter than pb and j,
More electrifying than Ben Franklin and his key, stronger than duct tape.
Wonderful and encompassing.

I am thankful for my children who are the sunshine in my day.
Their fun laughter makes my heart sing, their beautiful smiles warm my heart,
Their sparkling eyes bring tears of joy to mine.
Precious and sweet.

I am thankful for God's unfathomable love,
His irresistable grace, and His generous provisions for us.
I am thankful for my Lord, Jesus, and the Holy bible, my guide.
Adoration Abounding!

I am thankful for the autumn breeze, the colorful leaves,
A crackling fireplace and a glass of wine,
Fine foods, finer friends, and fabulous family.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Kristie, Awesome poem. I love your blog.

Denise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.