Monday, November 24, 2008

Relaxing Weekend!


We had a relaxing weekend this weekend. Mitchell (Pawpaw) hung out with us Friday night and Saturday took the boys hunting again with Mark. Saturday morning we hung out and visited over coffee. I had way more than my usual one cup! I enjoyed a peaceful and quiet afternoon. Raeley was hanging out at friends' houses in the neighborhood. Oh yeah! She also spent some of the afternoon teaching herself html code. I know, I'm impressed, too!
I can't remember the last time I had the house to myself without anything pressing to do. Cameron was with me, but she was quiet and sweet. I had dinner on the table when the guys got home. It was deer meat from last year, and it was tender. I kept forgetting about it, and I never know how to fix it. I usually like to grill it. Saturday night I sauteed it in a skillet with Lipton's onion soup mix and a little bit of water. Pretty easy and really good! The way the guys prepare the deer meat, it really takes the game taste out of it. We ate it with brussel sprouts, potatoes sliced into circles and baked in the oven till soft, carrots, and bread. I love red wine with dear meat, too! Enjoy the picture of Mitchell with Cameron!

No comments: