Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Leadership Bootcamp Day 1

WOW!
I missed a chance to be excited. This is great! I have already learned so much. My brain is full. I really like the people I am here with and I've known a few of them for a while. The first night we had homework with partners. We had presentations to present the next day and get voted on. I thought ours went well - I was pleased and I got a great compliment from someone I really admire and respect. I had a good connection with my partner and we worked great as a team. I learned quite a bit about public speaking. They have really put this workshop together well. It has a great flow.
I wish I had a picture from our presentation today. During one part, I had to demonstrate an activity on a stability ball. It was one that looked easy, but I don't think I've ever done it before. I got there late, so I didn't have any time to run through the presentation with props before hand. So I try the exercise and I fell flat on my face on the ball. That exercise just didn't work with a flat ball. HA! Oh, how I wish I had a picture of that! Some one actually asked me if I was a personal trainer today. HAHAHA! Now that is funny.

I feel challenged and ready to get back and throw myself into work. I have some great ideas. How to get it all done and homeschool the kids and decorate for Christmas?

As Chuck reminded us, "As a leader, operate on a high level every day." I want to lead my staff well, and I want to lead my children even better. I will be divided, but with prayer and good time management, I can do it and still have time for fun Christmas activities.

No comments: