Hmm, sometimes this season doesn't feel quite like Christmas yet either. I know for me, it's because I've been so busy with work. We've had lots of Hot Apple Cider, put up lots of decorations, listened to lots of Christmas music, seen lots of people. Hopefully pausing for the Christmas devotionals tonight will change that. It's time to change focus and slow down for an hour and be together -the just us family together.
So today was very productive. And that was with at least half a day of work. My list for tomorrow? You bet I'm making a list!
- Finish up for work (hopefully, so I can have off till next Monday - Yay!)
- Make a grocery list and go shopping for Christmas eve and Christmas day meal
- Cook the cornbread and get the onions and celery ready for the dressing
- Start on the homemade cinnamon rolls the kids have requested for Christmas morning (Anita - help!)
- Finish holiday baking
- Pass out gifts to Scout Leaders and Basketball Coaches
- Plan after Christmas Party
- Christmas Cards to staff at least!
- Go to Cotton Plant (Not sure if it is a place or a town. Sounds like a place, but may be a town!) to see the lights. Anyone want to come?
- Wrap gifts
- Finish Christmas decorations before company comes in town
- Gingerbread House (Kids have requested it - last year they didn't seem too excited so I thought we'd skip it this year. Wrong!)
- Mundane cleaning stuff I won't bore you with
Now it's time for our Christmas devotional. Taking time out for the important stuff. Maybe I'll have time to read another book to Cameron, too!