Friday, September 11, 2009

Our Week In Review

Oops! I meant to post this on Friday!
Our week has been so busy that I hardly remember school, even though we have covered quite a bit.

Math:

Robert is working on symmetry

Jonathan is working on value placement and estimating (rounding up)

Cameron is on numbers 5-9

Raeley is getting too complicated for me to put into words. I just grade her work and send her to dad if she gets more than two wrong in a section. We will just leave it at that!

Language Arts-

took a break this week with the boys

Cameron is working on description words and narration

Science

insects! The boys started work on their bug collection.

Writing:

finishing up writing projects from the last few weeks

1st week of writing class and it went great!

Raeley is having writers block on contrasting how the Pilgrims are similar/different from Christians today. I love those higher level thinking questions!

History:

Jamestown and John Smith. He was a very interesting character! The boys started working on a model of Jamestown.

Raeley is covering the Pilgrims.



The boys started Spelling Zoo, a new curriculum for us and it's been good so far!

Did I forget something? It's been busy!



Next week we will only have school a little bit. My parents are coming in town (yay!) on Tuesday. I remembered about some books I bought to supplement our curriculum that a friend of mine, Anita, mentioned on her blog, so they will catch up on that and do math next week. Mark and I have our annual conference with Anytime Fitness and we will be at a very nice resort, that our franchise has entirely to ourselves. I am so looking forward to it! I have quite a long agenda on what I want to gain from it.

No comments: