Friday, October 23, 2009

Coffee


Well, I was off coffee for a while and then the weather turned cool. It's just too perfect of a comfort food on a cool day NOT to pick up a warm steaming cup of murky energy. So I am back into my caffeine routine again. I've found, particularly since I've been used to not having caffeine in my system, that I can't have it in the afternoons or it keeps me up. Guess who didn't sleep but a few hours last night? Thanks, Caffeine! I guess I have a love - hate relationship to you.

I tried this new recipe after having a delicious pumpkin spice latte last weekend with Mark. I found it a little bland, so I made a few changes. ENJOY!

2 cups milk
3 T canned pumpkin
2 T white sugar
2 T vanilla
3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
OR: 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/8 tsp cloves, 1/8 tsp nutmeg, and a teeny tiny pinch of ground ginger
3/4 cup brewed espresso or 1 cup strong brewed coffee


Directions: Mix all ingredients in a crock pot and cook on high for two hours. Whisk again and serve with a cinnamon stick and whipped cream.

I didn't put mine in a crock pot, I just put it in a medium saucepan and simmered for a short while.

No comments: