Monday, March 30, 2009

A few changes

You may have noticed I haven't been blogging in a while. I've been working more lately and just haven't had the time to sit down and collect my thoughts.

I've made a few small changes I've been thinking about doing for a while and they have been very successful thus far. I'm glad I did it!

My children have stopped eating cereal for breakfast every morning!

My children have not gone to bed until their area of the house is picked up. Going well, but sometimes they are asking to go to bed because it's gotten so late. I'm hoping they will think about starting earlier in the day or not let things get so messy or work more dilligently.

I've been trying to get off the computer at 10:30 no matter what - that hasn't been going that well...

I've been sticking more consistently to a workout routine - going to the gym (almost)no matter what. And guess what? It's been getting easier to wake up every morning. It's also been easier to get off the computer at 10:30 because I'm too tired to keep going!

I've been doing my own personal walk through of the house before I get on the computer at night. Hence the real reason I've been blogging less - it always takes me longer to sweep and finish whatever little project I feel needs my attention! But the house looks tons better and stays cleaner longer.

Back to the whole cereal thing. I honestly thought this would be the hardest adjustment, but thanks to Anita's baked oatmeal recipe, the kids were pleasantly surprised! I will post more on this later, complete with recipes.

I'm still working on the kids' morning exercise routine. I have a child who is very hard to get moving in the morning, and any ideas will be appreciated!

1 comment:

cmeandthree said...

I would love the recipe for the baked oatmeal. I went to the link for Anita's website, but couldn't find it. Can you email it to me (or Facebook it)?