Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Facebook

I've given up Facebook for the most part and I don't really miss it. Two things that are time wasters for me - Facebook and TV. I have started DVRing Glen Beck, recently, though. I'm learning Economics from him. Seriously, I am. My kids need to know this stuff. I am gonna have to start taking notes, too. It's good stuff. He even made a big push in favor of homeschooling the other day. It is hard to even fathom how much money is spent on our totally screwed up educational system. Cut it in half and the financial problems of this country would be taken care of. Doesn't it blow your mind to hear that and then look at all the school districs who are bankrupt? A prime example of what happens when the goverment is in charge of something where money is involved.

Back to time wasters. I am replacing that time with cleaning my house and reading more. I am also trying to do one thing I enjoy every day, even if it is something small (like one square of chocolate or cutting some roses off my rose bush).
I went to the library and checked out a few books. My current reads:
The Contrarian's Guide to Leadership
Endangered Minds - just wait for my soapbox on this one!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok! Stop convicting me already! LOL!!