Friday, August 20, 2010

School Week 2


This week brought forth some issues we will be trying to correct:
Jonathan doesn't like all the independent work with his schedule, so he and I will do history together. He is really struggling with math, so we may change his curriculum.

Cameron is still the trooper and is coming along nicely, but I need to break up the one on one time with the boys to be shorter sections dispersed throughout the day to have her one on one time in smaller chunks also.

Raeley was out of town most of last week and is very far behind. I will spend this week evaluating where she is so we can be a little more structured next week.

The boys have not been diligent to work on their projects like their president page or creating campaign buttons for the president we are studying, so we are trying to figure out how to increase their dilligence on these projects. First thing will be to get them out of their bedroom, second thing will be to get me working less so I can oversee this more closely.

My work took up too much time and kept me from working with the kids as much as I would have liked. Friday and Saturday were spent hitting it hard to catch up.

As we had foreseen the kid's school taking up more time than last year, which creates the need for me to have less of my time taken up by work, we hired an operational assistant for me. She is a former employee who had a baby so she will get to work from home and still be a part of our staff family. I am very excited about this new change to our schedule.

Being this well organized has really helped our weeks go smoothly.

I hope you enjoy the photo of Robert holding a snake.
No, we are not studying reptiles, he's just playing with it.
Yes, he really did lose it in the garage!

No comments: