Thursday, July 14, 2011

4th of July

This is my immediate family (my parents, sisters, their husbands and kids, the kids' husbands or wives and their kids)

We all went to Angelina River Lodge with my family for the 4th of July, and stayed a week. It was a great weekend with my family - 32 of us and everyone got along great! It was so, so much fun. One thing about my family - since my parents started having kids, there has not been more than 10 years without babies around. We are on the 3rd generation. It is fun to watch my nieces and nephews with their kids now.

It is very special to me to be able to spend this time having so much fun with family. I am so blessed that our family wants to come, and wants to spend this time together. It is the highlight of our year. Cameron now says the Angelina River Lodge is better than Disney World. She tells everyone about it!

The new things this year:

My mom riding the zip line! It's really high off the ground! It goes really fast!

My dad put up a zip line that is 160 feet long. Robert wakes up now and goes fishing with the early morning crew. We found a new inlet, too. Thanks, Google Maps, and Kevin and Kimberly! Robert, Raeley, and cousin Emily learned to water ski. I got up on skis, too! Third try! But my back didn't like the fall too well and I succumbed to rocking on the porch for a few days.
You see how excited she looks? It really is that much fun!

No comments: